How to Make a Yard Sale Listing on CraigslistBy eHow Contributor
To make money with a yard sale, you must advertise your sale. Luckily, you have many options. One is to create a free garage sale listing on Craigslist.org. How do you get started?
Things You'll Need
- Internet Access
- Microsoft Word or Works
1. Start writing your yard sale listing ahead of time in Microsoft Word or Works. This is recommended because of spell check. Although you are just posting a yard sale listing and not actually selling your items online, you still want your listing to be professional and easy to read.
2. Your listing must include your address. With Craigslist, you pick your closest city. This may actually be located 30 minutes away. For that reason, provide not just your street address, but your city, town, or village too. Since you aren't charged by word, provide detailed directions from the center of town or another well-known landmark.
3. Your listing must include the date and time of your sale. Also consider the weather. Will your garage sale be rain or shine? If so, state so. If not, be sure to include a rain date. Some yard sale shoppers like to show up early to get the best deal, you may want to state "no early birds, " but at least add the word "please."
4. Your listing should include a sample of what you have available for sale. Once again, you aren't charged per word or line, so feel free to go into great detail. Do you have many name brand kid's clothes? If so, provide a list of the brands. This should increase your shopper count. Most shoppers avoid yard sales where they don't know what type of items are available for sale.
5. Take a picture of your yard sale items. Right now, the items you want to sell at your garage sale are likely piled high somewhere in your home. Take a picture or two. You can upload pictures on Craigslist. Once again, this proves to shoppers that your yard sale is worth visiting. They know you have a lot of items available for sale.
6. Visit Craigslist.org. Once your yard sale listing is complied and proofread, visit the Craigslist website.
7. Under the heading of "United States, " find your state and click on the link.
8. Next, you will need to choose the next closest city. As previously stated, this may be one 30 minutes away. That is okay. Just choose the city closest in proximity.
9. On the next page, click on the link that says "post to classifieds." This link appears in the upper left-hand corner.
10. On the following page, click the "for sale, " link.
Scroll down. You will find a link that is labeled "garage & moving sales." Click on that link.
Enter in your posting title. This should include your city and state, the date of your sale, and the phrases "yard sale, " "garage sale, " or "moving sale."
Copy and paste your yard sale listing from Microsoft Word or Works into the "posting description, " box.
If you took pictures of your yard sale pile and uploaded them to your computer, go to "add / edit images."
Click continue to preview and post your yard sale listing on Craigslist.org. Your listing will appear on the website for up to 30 days, although you should return and remove your listing before then.
This article was created by a professional writer and edited by experienced copy editors, both qualified members of the Demand Media Studios community. All articles go through an editorial process that includes subject matter guidelines, plagiarism review, fact-checking, and other steps in an effort to provide reliable information.[[/blockquote]]
Original source: eHow.com
Next page: Craigslist Automobiles
Bookmark/Share This Page: