How to Insert a PDF into CraigslistBy Elle Smith, eHow Contributor
Craigslist is a large, free online classifieds site that represents nearly every city in the nation and every country across the globe. Since it is so widely used, the sheer number of ads can be overwhelming, while the uniqueness of any one ad can be underwhelming. One way to stand out is to create a flyer or an ad in a desktop publishing or word processing program, then save it as a PDF to load into the Craigslist standard ad format.
1. Create your ad in a word processing or desktop publishing program. Use text, graphics and photos to make your ad pop. Save it as a PDF when finished.
2. Upload the PDF from your computer to a free file hosting site. Once the PDF is uploaded, copy the HTML code.
3. Go to craigslist.org. Select the location where you would like to place your ad. Click "Post to Classifieds."
4. Log into or create your account at the "Account Log In" window. Enter an email address and password, then click "Log In."
5. Select the type of posting you would like to create, then click "Continue." Choose a category when prompted, then click "Continue." Click the radial button next to the location nearest you, then click "Continue."
6. Add a title in the "Posting Title" text box, then add a price and specific location. Click the "Posting Description" text box. Paste the HTML code in the text box. Click "Continue." You will be shown a preview of your ad. Click "Continue."
7. Enter the captcha code to verify the ad and complete the process.
Elle Smith has been an advertising professional for more than 25 years. Her work for ABC, CBS and Sony Pictures Television has appeared on radio, on air, in print and outdoors. In addition, Smith has more than 20 years experience in marketing, graphic arts, commercial photography and production, and is a licensed real estate agent in California.[[/blockquote]]
- University of North Carolina: Community Workshop Series: Introduction to Craigslist [PDF]
- Charlotte Website Development: How to Insert a PDF Doc in a Craigslist Ad
- PDF Pedia: Craigslist 101
Original source: eHow.com
Next page: Craigslist Used Cars
Bookmark/Share This Page: